Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

A prose poem in list

1.
ONE day that doesn't require anything from anyone. 
2.
Just one day to sit in a pool, stare up at the sky, read a book, stick my hands in soil. 
3.
Stick my toes in sand. 
4. 
Daydream. count clouds. paint, draw, doodle. 
5. 
Make cookies that no one but me will eat. Eat half the dough and throw the rest in the freezer for a rainy day.
6.
Jump on a trampoline, skip through the park, jump rope.
7.
 Sit quietly for an hour in my backyard doing absolutely nothing but drinking iced tea and looking at my toes next to the grass. 
8.
Watch grass grow. 
9.
Pick flowers and then pick the petals off one by one.
10.
Drink hot tea and imagine the possibilities in the tea leaves. 
11.
Bake bread, get my fingers in the dough, squish them around. 
12.
Let someone else clean up the dishes. 
13. 
Watch movies and eat candy until I feel sick to my stomach. 
14.
Sit in a paddling pool in the backyard and watch bees. 
15.
Quiet the loud in my mind. 
16.
Quiet the fear. 
17.
Quell the anxiety that encroaches when I have no freedom of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment